“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe
I saw a meme recently questioning whether women in their 50s can still dress fashionably. My answer: Of course they can — unfortunately many of them choose not to, which sends the message that they don’t care. I don’t really understand why — since usually by our 50s the kids are grown and there’s more disposable income to spend on our own wardrobe, rather than someone else’s.
But I wonder, is it not caring, or simply not remembering why caring is important? Just in case it’s the latter, I’ve put together a few good reasons why everyone should care about what they wear.
- Confidence — When you walk out the door knowing you look good in what you’re wearing, you’ll feel confident all day!
- Compliments — Hearing “I love your outfit” automatically puts a smile on your face and makes you feel stylish!
- Mood Booster — Wearing a flatter color or outfit is a huge mood booster!
- Self-Expression — Have a favorite color, fabric, or style? Wear it! What you’re wearing lets the world (or at least the people you encounter) know that you care about the way you look & feel!
- Empowerment — Knowing you look good makes you feel ready to take on any situation!
Remember, fashion should be fun!
Please subscribe to receive emails when I post! Also follow me on social media and YouTube!